Outstanding Leadership Award / Scholarship (Similar to the Dean's List Award)
This award is similar to the Dean's List Award that celebrates outstanding student leaders whose passion for and effectiveness at attaining FIRST ideals is exemplary. The students who earn this award will be great examples of student leaders who have led their teams and communities to increased awareness for FIRST and its mission all the while achieving personal technical expertise and accomplishment. There will be four $500 Scholarships awarded at the 2018 Grand Rapids Girls Robotics Event. Deadline for Submission: Friday, September 14th , 2018 Submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject GRG Dean's List Submission Criteria for selection of the "Outstanding Leadership Award" shall include, but not be limited to:
- Only one entry for each team
- At the top, list the nominee name and grade (this does not count as characters)
- No more than 4,000 characters (includes spaces and punctuation)
- Things to consider:
- How are they a leader?
- How have they helped increase the awareness of FIRST?
- Describe the student's interest and passion that demonstrates their long-term commitment to FIRST.
- Describe their technical expertise.
- Describe their entrepreneurship and creativity.
- What are the student's individual contributions to outreach or fundraising efforts?
- What are the student's individual contributions to the team, whether it is building, programming, team captain, etc.?
- Is not necessary to include the student's' activities outside of FIRST focus on FIRST related activities
- We are aware that not all of the above apply to each student, they are recommendations NOT requirements!!
- Essays will be read and the top 8 will be down-selected for an interview with the judges.
- These 8 will be interviewed at the event.
- When your team checks in, you will be asked to sign up for an interview time.